Celebrating friendships, stories and discoveries along the way

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Summer of 2015 Retrospective

From my perspective, the summer of 2015 differed from recent years for a variety of reasons. Increasing demands at work have placed limits on my leisure time, and as a result I have had less opportunities for local walking tours. In addition, there were fewer summer genealogy seminars or workshops offered in the Greater Boston area. In many ways I utilized my available time with genealogy this summer as I do in the winter, researching at home and at local repositories. My husband and I took DNA tests with Family Tree DNA and Ancestry.com, and I spent many fascinating hours at home analyzing the results of our autosomal and mitochondrial DNA tests and my husband's Y-DNA test. In late June my husband and I visited locales in Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota for a marvelous ten days of vacation, relaxation, and discovery. As summer closes and autumn begins I have some wonderful memories of our Western adventure and reflections upon recent genealogical discoveries as I look forward to a new slate of genealogy seminars and meetings for the fall and winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment