Celebrating friendships, stories and discoveries along the way

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Remembering Mom

Remembrance truly hits home during the bereavement of a dearly loved family member. My beloved mother Mary Swaine, who was 94 years old on February 5 earlier this year, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly four days after her birthday. She was deeply loved and is dearly missed.



I have devoted much of my genealogical research this year to exploring my mother’s unique ancestry. She has a special combination of Irish and Nova Scotia heritage by birth and Southern Italian ancestry from her adoptive parents, and I am thrilled to be part of her genealogical journey through research of her ancestral trails in County Donegal in Ireland, Digby and Yarmouth in Nova Scotia, and the comunes of Gaeta and Scafati in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment